Friday, September 28, 2012

Hi, how are you?

Hey everybody!
Long time no post. Well my mind has just been a little preoccupied for the last couple of months, but I have been drawing! So here's just a few little things I've been up to since my last post. Mostly super heroes, what can I say, I love em'!!! I don't have to justify myself to you! Whatever, whatever! You don't know me! Pssh that's your opinion!

I call this illustration "Hidden in Plain Sight." You know most people think Superman's disguise is ridiculous, but if you really think about it, it's kinda genius.  Think about it. Who would even think that a guy like Superman would even have a secret identity? And in this day and age everyone is so preoccupied with their own music, smart phones, and everything else, who really notices strangers in public. Especially the mild mannered type.

Just the preliminary roughs to a Super Girl sketch for fun. I kinda just start with a basic shape or interesting line and just see where the drawing takes me. 

The above sketch refined a little. I made up this costume for the Maid of Might (yes, that is her nickname! haha). I wanted to blend some Super Girl pre New 52, New 52, and Power Girl elements into this one. I don't just love Superman, I love the whole Super family! And yes, that includes Comet the Super Horse....

And back to Superman. I was experimenting with different coloring styles and I actually quite like how this one turned out. Gotta have the underwear bro. 


The Dark Knight! Pencils(or should I say digital inks? You know what I mean!) Notice how I forgot to put a Bat signal on his chest. haha
Experimenting with another coloring technique. Didn't really like it. Gave up on this one half way.

I did a couple movie posters just for fun (and I was hoping for a potential show)  of some of my favorite movies.  Trying to capitalize on this whole minimalist movie poster trend. I don't know if it's really me.
Another poster with a different style. It kinda bled into my comic style. I'm always playing around with different styles. Just to keep things interesting. ;P
PS.  If you haven't seen this movie, WATCH IT! So funny and great satire.
Thought I should throw in a thumbnail. Giant starring James Dean. Maybe I'll finish it at some point. I was thinking a vectored, heavy geometric shapes one for this one. We'll see.
This is for a personal project of mine. Still keeping it pretty close to the chest, but I hope to show you more in the future. 



This is also for the same project. All I'm going to say is that it's for a graphic novel. More info later, stay tuned!! 
Thanks for checking out my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Superman central up in hea!

    Nice lighting in the first piece and cool colors in the last!

    ReplyDelete